The Lead Unit Supervisor ...
Provides team leadership:
Manages the ResComp Helpdesk program:
Keeps up with administrative tasks:
Plans and carries out recruitment and training:
Examples of Projects and Daily Tasks:
What You'll Bring to the Job
- Leadership experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills with diverse groups
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Sufficient knowledge of operating systems and computer software
- Knowledge of RCC and US role
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Attention to Detail
- Experience in a technical support role
- Familiarity with SAIT/ResComp support models
- Minimum GPA of 2.3
What You'll Learn on the Job
- Advanced communication skills with wide variety of peers, coworkers, and full-time professional staff
- Hands-on supervisory and leadership skills
- Project management skills and methods
- Conflict Resolution
- Conducting evaluations/giving and receiving feedback
- Technical Documentation
- How to interview and hire a successful team
Availability & Training Requirements
- The period of employment for this position begins upon hire and continues at least through the end of 2017-2018 academic year.
- Must be a currently enrolled UC Berkeley student.
- Must be available for 2-5 hours per week of training during the spring 2017 semester, including sessions on:
- February 17
- April 7
- April 14
- 2 days during the week of May 15 (dates/times TBD)
- Must be available to work 20 hours per week during April (including most weekends)
- Must be available to work 20-40 hours per week during the summer.
- Must be available to work 10-15 hours per week during the academic year.
- Must participate in Unit Supervisor (US) training during the week of July 31-August 4, 2017.
- ust be available for Residential Computing Consultant (RCC) training from August 7-11, 2017.
- Required to attend all-staff training on August 18, 2017.
- A valid driver's license and a driving record check is required for all SAIT employees who drive the departmental vehicle in the course of their work (driving is preferred, but not required, for this position).
- Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory job performance evaluation by the Technical Services Manager.
What to Expect
Lead Unit Supervisor interview candidates will meet with a small panel that includes the current Lead Unit Supervisor, the team supervisor, and possibly a member of another team that regularly works with Unit Supervisors to discuss how their skills and experience are a fit for the job. The interview will last about one hour, and will include some general questions as well as some that are specific to leadership experience and skills. They will also be asked to bring a BearFacts transcript to verify they meet the minimum GPA requirement.
Sample Interview Questions
- Describe any previous supervisory, leadership or management experience that you would bring to the Lead US position.
- Because the Lead Unit Supervisor does not have its own unit of RCCs, how would you go about maintaining a relationship with the RCCs?
This job is currently not open for hiring
Have a question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.