The Lead Marketing Coordinator ...
Keeps the team on track:
Provides organizational and team leadership:
Examples of Projects and Daily Tasks:
What You'll Bring to the Job
- Excellent organizational skills; strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Leadership experience
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent, demonstrated communication skills - able to calibrate communication style for different audiences, including a diverse student population, professional staff, and peers/student staff
- Familiarity with and interest in marketing communications
- Familiarity with Adobe CS applications (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Understanding of what appeals to student audience
- Ability to be a committed, engaged employee
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Experience leading and coordinating marketing/communications campaigns or projects
- Knowledge of what makes visual/written communications successful
- Advanced skills in Adobe CS
- Portfolio of previous creative projects
- Photography and/or video editing experience
- Management/supervision experience
- Strong familiarity with core audience and ResComp/SAIT services
- Minimum GPA of 2.3
What You'll Learn on the Job
- Advanced communication skills with wide variety of peers, coworkers, and full-time professional staff.
- Hands-on supervisory and leadership skills
- How to effectively engage an audience of students/customers
- Enhanced design skills
- Project coordination skills and methods
Availability & Training Requirements
- The period of employment for this position begins upon hire and continues at least through the end of 2017-2018 academic year.
- Must be a currently enrolled UC Berkeley student.
- Must be available for 2-5 hours per week of training during the spring 2017 semester, including sessions on:
- February 17
- April 7
- April 14
- 2 days during the week of May 15 (dates/times TBD)
- Must be available to work 20-40 hours per week during the summer.
- Must be available to work 10-15 hours per week during the academic year.
- Must participate in Residential Computing Consultant (RCC) training during week of August 7, 2017.
- Required to attend all-staff training on August 18, 2017.
- Must be available to work 5-10 hours per week during the week of January 8, 2018.
- A valid driver's license and a driving record check is required for all SAIT employees who drive the departmental vehicle in the course of their work (driving is preferred, but not required, for this position).
- Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory job performance evaluation by the Student Leadership and Recruitment Coordinator.
What to Expect
Lead Marketing Coordinator interview Candidates will meet with a small panel made up of current Marketing Team staff, the team supervisor, and possibly a member of another team that regularly works with Marketing to discuss how their skills and experience are a fit for the job. The interview will last about one hour, and will include some general questions as well as some that are specific to their design process/skills and creative background. Candidates who have a portfolio of previous work will be asked to share and discuss it during the interview. They will also be asked to bring a BearFacts transcript to verify they meet the minimum GPA requirement.
Sample Interview Questions
- What strengths or experiences do you bring to SAIT? How will this benefit the Marketing team?
- Who do you see as Residential Computing’s target audience? What characteristics do they have in common and how do we reach them effectively?
- Describe a marketing, advertising, or creative project you've worked on in the past. Talk about your design process - where do you start, and what difficulties do you usually encounter?
This job is currently not open for hiring
Have a question? Email us at email@example.com.