The Student Services Outreach Assistant ...
Connects with current students:
Helps analyze data:
Connects with Alumni:
Examples of Projects and Daily Tasks:
What You'll Bring to the Job
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff, and alumni
- Flexibility and creativity in problem solving
- Ability to work independently and stay motivated
- Strong organizational and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Google Drive
- Basic knowledge of managing social media accounts (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
- Ability to complete additional training in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other software as needed.
- Background in customer service
- Intermediate experience managing social media accounts
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
What You'll Learn on the Job
- Skills for communicating with a diverse audience
- Understanding of how data can help impact change
- Techniques for organizing and displaying data
- Basic project management skills
- Basic event management skills
- How to compile information and making it accessible to students
Availability & Training Requirements
- The period of employment for this position begins upon hire and continues at least through the end of 2017-2018 academic year.
- Must be a currently enrolled UC Berkeley student.
- Must be available for 2-5 hours per week of training during the spring 2017 semester, including New Staff Orientation on Friday, April 7.
- Must be available to work 10-15 hours per week during the academic year.
- Required to attend all-staff training on August 18, 2017.
- Must clear a criminal background check due to the level of data access and access to systems and physical spaces required by the position.
- Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory job performance evaluation by the Student Services Outreach Manager.
What to Expect
The Student Services Outreach Assistant interview candidates will meet with the Student Services Outreach Manager to discuss their skills and experience as they relate to the position. The interview will last approximately 30 minutes and will include general questions about the candidate’s experiences and interests. Candidates will also be asked to bring an unofficial copy of their transcript to verify that they meet the minimum GPA requirement.
Sample Interview Questions
- What are your strongest skills that you will bring to the Student Service Outreach Assistant position?
- What are some of the tools and strategies you use to stay organized when working on projects with multiple deadlines?
- Part of our recruitment process includes reaching out to student groups whose members might be interested in our jobs. How would you find information about a group and connect with them if given this task?
This job is currently not open for hiring
Have a question? Email us at email@example.com.